Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hmmm...do I take my crayons or my .357?

OK, Arizona state Senator Karen Johnson is sponsoring a bill that would allow students to carry firearms on college campuses. She initially wanted the bill to cover all public schools, kindergarten and up. She actually said, and I quote, "I feel like our kindergartners are sitting there like sitting ducks."

It' s elected officials like her making statements like that and sponsoring bills that they know nothing about that do more damage. Doesn't she realize that most of the violence on schools campuses were COMMITTED by the student with the gun?? Does she really think that students have the capacity, training, calm and courage to know when and how to fire back? And talk about sitting ducks, what about all of the students around the panicked one firing away?

No comments: